Linux System Administrator
IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) is Denmark’s leading university in IT research and education. Founded in 1999, ITU provides state-of-the-art education and research in computer science, business IT, and digital design. Their modern campus in central Copenhagen, designed by the world-renowned architect Henning Larsen, serves as the backdrop for their ambitious work in creating and sharing deep knowledge that leads to groundbreaking information technology and services for the benefit of humanity.
They are in the midst of an exciting transformation where standardization, efficiency, and a focus on security and service delivery are essential elements of their strategic action plan.
Infrastructure Core Team
ITU is looking for an experienced and passionate Linux System Administrator to join their Infrastructure Core team. Be a part of their dynamic and innovative IT organization, where secure operations, standardization, automation, and good teamwork are the keys to success. Their department is characterized by heavy technical profiles who enjoy autonomy in their work and the opportunity to contribute based on their individual interests.
With 26 dedicated employees, the IT department is the heart of delivering innovative and accessible IT to their 3,500 users. Structured into five specialized teams, their expertise covers areas such as networking, infrastructure, user support, cloud, and security. Infrastructure Core, which you will be a part of, consists of six experts who handle everything from physical infrastructure to the implementation and maintenance of operating systems. They value a strong sense of togetherness and collaboration with a high level of trust in their employees, allowing the freedom to solve tasks on their own terms.
The culture in the Infrastructure Core team is characterized by enthusiasm and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. They have a can-do attitude, and there is not far from thought to action.
Position and Responsibilities as a Linux System Administrator
As a Linux System Administrator, you will have a central role with responsibilities including:
- Daily operation of ITU’s system portfolio, including 100+ servers (Linux and Windows).
- Building, implementing, and operating container environments.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of their configuration management platform (primarily Ansible).
- Ongoing patching of servers and applications.
- Testing new technologies with a focus on streamlining the operation of their infrastructure.
- Design and implementation of new services and tools for the benefit of operations and the organization.
- This is your opportunity to contribute to their exciting development journey and be a part of a team that sets the standard for IT expertise at the IT University of Copenhagen.
This recruitment is assisted by Capax Recruitment. If you would like to learn more about the position, please feel free to contact Christian Kjøller Nyrup at email@example.com.