IT Specialist – Server
About the Position as IT Specialist – Servers
Frederiksberg Municipality is looking for 1-2 IT specialists with an interest in servers. They have a mission to create an admirable and up-to-date IT landscape with a user and business focus. The municipality’s IT is centralized in a department currently consisting of 40 dedicated and specialized colleagues distributed across 6 teams. There is a constant focus on developing and improving the IT strategy, and you can be part of this exciting and socially relevant development.
You will become a part of the Server, Network, and Integration team, which means that you will also have an impact on establishing and developing the IT infrastructure of Denmark’s 6th largest municipality through complex business-oriented tasks that involve 7,000 users. The team consists of six employees, with two focusing on servers, three on networks, and one on integrations. Although there will be a divided task focus, it is still essential that you can take ownership of other processes as there will naturally be overlaps between tasks. This is also to provide the end-users with the best experience.
The team works to ensure high availability and performance for critical systems and applications located in the municipality’s data center. In the short term, there is a move towards outsourcing the internal data center, and there will also be a focus on server upgrades. The team is also responsible for implementing security protocols and measures, as well as coordinating and implementing integrations between central applications. Over time, the municipality’s goal is to migrate all servers to an Azure platform and act as a sparring partner for users to ensure they have an optimal setup on the right servers.
In the role of IT Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- The municipality’s server infrastructure and the applications hosted on it, including administration, maintenance, and optimization of the infrastructure.
- Patching of servers in VMWare, databases, storage, backup, as well as maintaining documentation and an overview of the municipality’s servers and associated applications.
- Automation, optimization, and coordination of server resources, processes, and capacity.
- Technical clarification of server solutions and planning and implementation of the server solution itself.
- Implementation of security protocols and measures, as well as coordinating and implementing integrations between central applications.
- Development, planning, and implementation of the municipality’s server target architecture in collaboration with the municipality’s architects.
Expectations for IT Specialist – Servers
Frederiksberg Municipality is looking for a dynamic and visionary colleague who is ready to embrace change while also being able to think strategically and holistically within the IT field. As an essential part of their team, it is expected that you demonstrate dedication and maintain a persistent interest in IT security.
Additionally, it is expected that you:
- Have experience in monitoring, upgrading, and maintaining Windows servers.
- Have experience with patching during service windows.
- Have experience with PowerShell or equivalent.
- Have experience with VMware and the Azure platform.
- Are service-minded with a user-focused approach and have familiarity with ITIL processes.
- As an individual, you think in terms of IT architecture and infrastructure to see the solution as a whole.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with qualifications and the applicable collective agreement. You will be part of the IT department under Analysis, Strategy, Digitization, and IT (ASDI). You will report to the head of the Server, Network, and Integration team. The expected start date is as soon as possible.
This recruitment process is assisted by Capax Recruitment. If you would like to learn more about the position, please feel free to contact Maria Lind at firstname.lastname@example.org.