State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Anonym virksomhed / Full time
IT Infrastructure Engineers to join Hybrid Cloud Engineering
Digital, Data & IT – Research & Early Development
Do you have professional experience within IT infrastructure, and would you like to continue your career as an IT Infrastructure Engineer within the field of Scientific Computing? In Hybrid Cloud Engineering they are looking for two IT infrastructure engineers to join their Hybrid Cloud team – seniority level will be determined in accordance with the candidate profile. If you would like to work with the newest technologies and if making a difference within ground-breaking scientific research, then look no further – this is a job for you!
About the department
In the department of Hybrid Cloud Engineering, they enable and support the Digital Transformation of their global research organization by offering modern hybrid cloud technology platforms through Agile ways of working.
On the daily, you will be a part of the Hybrid Cloud team who is responsible for developing and maintaining hybrid cloud infrastructure – on premise and in the cloud. The team consists of 8 highly competent colleagues within infrastructure engineering and management, and they take pride in supporting researchers and scientists with the best technologies. The team offers services within among others storage, hosting, monitoring, and server management.
Their scientific users are situated globally, and you will therefore be working in an international environment with colleagues around the globe.
They offer an informal work environment where flexibility and responsibility go together. A workplace is full of ambition, ideas, and experiments. Where learning, developing, and laughing are highly valued.
About the position
In close collaboration with your team members, you will be a part of developing and managing their Hybrid Cloud platform and participate in developing their future solution. Responsibilities include and are not limited to handling support cases and change requests, user and vendor communication, patching, and other day-to-day operational activities of servers.
You are responsible for maintaining operations and ensuring that the infrastructure functions properly and is well-maintained. Additionally, you will drive small projects independently, such as minor implementations of systems and special configurations.
The skills we hope to see
You find it important to ensure stable platforms and applications for our researchers, and at the same time you are excited to work with new technologies and are able to quickly learn new concepts. You are curious and enjoy engaging with vendors as well as stakeholders.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have previous experience with the following:
• +3 years of experience with system administration of Linux workstations.
• Experience with storage platforms, such as Ceph or similar open-source storage systems.
• Experience with OpenStack or similar open-source technologies.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, or another relevant field.
• You have a professional background as part of a large IT organization or from running IT infrastructure at a small/mid-size company.
Furthermore, you are team-oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. We expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment. Finally, you have professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Joining the company and this exciting journey, you will have plenty of opportunity to develop your skills, pursue your ambitions, and work with the newest technologies. To name some of them, you will get the opportunity to work with and improve your skills with the following technologies:
• Deploying solutions on the large cloud platforms Azure or AWS.
• Terraform (Infrastructure as Code).
• Virtualization platforms, e.g., VMWare and/or Proxmox or similar.
• System administration of Windows servers.
• Configuration management, such as, but not limited to, Puppet and Ansible.
• Monitoring of servers and applications e.g., Prometheus and Grafana.
• Containerisation, e.g., Docker or Kubernetes.
• Working in a DevOps environment using IT and engineering tools for collaboration and issue tracking, e.g., Jira, git, Azure DevOps.
In this recruitment process, is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Line Kejser Nielsen at email@example.com
They commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all their job applicants. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.