HPC Operational Engineer
Are you eager to grow your HPC specialist skills? Are you excited about having a significant impact in a company’s Research and Early Development (R&ED) organisation by enabling the scientists and researchers to conduct highly advanced scientific computing and analytics?
Do you enjoy maintaining and operating the newest IT technologies both in the cloud, on-premises, and hybrid in an agile environment?
About the department
DDIT-RED supports the strategic digital transformation of their R&ED organisation at the company needed to realise their strategy. They are responsible for developing, implementing, operating, maintaining, and supporting the data-, middleware – and IT infrastructure used by the R&ED units across their company on-premises and in the cloud.
The company takes pride in being experts in IT infrastructure and platforms, and at the same time having experience and understanding of how their researchers use the platforms, data, and compute power they make available.
About the position
As the company’s HPC (Operation) Engineer you will play an instrumental role in collaborating with their scientific users to enable the best use of their HPC platforms. Their scientific users are situated globally, and you will be working in an international environment with team members around the globe. The position is a user-facing role – close collaboration with scientific users of HPC to understand their needs and to provide guidance is crucial to succeed.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Have a strong collaboration with data scientists and research scientists to optimize workflows and code.
- Ensure the operations and maintenance model is functioning seamlessly.
- Understand the researcher’s needs and convert this into technical solutions is important as well as the continued stability, availability, and performance of the platforms.
- Have a hands-on role in building new features, as well as handling system issues and change requests.
As a minimum you have a bachelor’s degree with a focus on Scientific Computing or similar, and you have a high passion for working with HPC environments or have experience with scientific software.
This is a job for a person that is excited to be hands-on and work with new technologies and able to quickly learn new concepts. You are team-oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. The company expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment. Finally, you have professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
It is required of you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with operations, preferably with systems used in a production context.
- Experience and deep knowledge of Linux systems.
- A good understanding and preferably experience with DevOps principles such as automation, infrastructure/configuration as code, CI/CD amongst others.
- Preferably, experience with scientific software, such as R, Python, MATLAB, Mathematica e.g.
- An interest in working within the HPC field.
- Preferably, experience in AWS or Azure.
The company work with various tools and technologies, so it would be an advantage to have knowledge or interest in/of the following:
- IaC through AWS CDK.
- Generative AI and other related machine learning technologies from e.g., NVIDIA.
- Ansible, Slurm, on premise HPC cluster solutions, Lustre or ZFS storage.
- Parallel programming and MPI.
In this recruitment process, the company is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Maria Benedicte Lind at email@example.com