State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Head of IT Services
Nordic Transport Group / Full time
NTG – Nordic Transport Group is a Danish logistics company, that transports goods within- and outside of Europe by road, air and sea. Further, NTG is home of some of the most skilled and ambitious employees in the business, who design and tailor logistics solutions.
NTG was founded in 2011 and is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in Scandinavia. After only 11 years NTG now consists of 80 acquired companies, small and medium-large, who each has their own specialties within different logistics areas.
The company is unique as it is listed on NASDAQ, but a large part of the shares is owned by the employees because of a partnership model. This organizational structure ensures engagement, dedication and well-being amongst all of the employees which is one of the reasons for NTG’s significant – and continuous – growth.
Now, NTG commence on another new chapter, as they are looking to expand their organization within IT Security, IT Services and Business Services. As the Head of IT Services, you will be a part of the management group while ensuring a high quality in the operations and further development of NTG’s IT Services.
The Head of IT Services will be responsible for the IT Services department which consists of two teams, an Infrastructure Team and a Service Desk Team, which counts 13 employees overall. NTG also expects the department to grow within the next year and you will influence shaping the teams.
The IT Service department maintains the computer network of NTG, provides technical support, and ensures the whole company runs smoothly from an IT perspective. Furthermore, it is the department’s responsibility to monitor and maintain the company computer systems, install, and configure hardware and software and solve technical issues as they arise. Therefore, the department and this role is deeply involved when onboarding acquired companies as they must get on board on NTG’s Systems and Services.
The IT organization in NTG is a Global IT organization with employees in 9 countries, who supports all NTG’s 80 companies. There is an informal and relaxed culture in NTG where there is great focus on both social- and professional events. The organization serves as home for many passionate, energetic, and highly skilled employees that thrives with complex tasks in a dynamic environment.
In the role of IT services, you will get the opportunity to combine your management experience and strategic knowledge with strong technical knowledge and your urge to work with daily operations and development.
In addition, you can look forward to working in an international environment as the department is based in Denmark, Finland, Polen, Tyskland, Holland, Schweiz and USA. Furthermore, you will be in continuous dialog with NTG’s European Partners especially when onboarding acquired companies.
You will work broadly with IT Services, but one of your main responsibilities will be to ensure the daily operation and development of the team. This also includes being the executing part of the technical road map within NTG. Furthermore, it is expected that you are involved and take responsibility of onboarding acquired companies into NTG’s Service and systems. NTG wishes to set the bar even higher technology-wise, and it will be your job to investigate new technologies and opportunities within this area.
In this role, you will be close to the business and the daily operation of the team. You will play an important role in defining and leading the strategic direction within ICT infrastructure architecture. This also includes building a portfolio of projects and ensuring deliveries and assessment of responsibilities aligned with project management practices.
NTG generally has a flat hierarchy, and there is a high degree of freedom in this position, and there is an opportunity to implement your own, good initiative.
- As Head of IT Services, your primary responsibility will be:
- Ensure that onboarding of acquired companies into NTG’s Services and Systems runs smoothly.
- Define and lead the strategic way within ICT Infrastructure architecture and actively stimulate cooperation and team play with other IT departments.
- Define, plan and manage project portfolio including assessment of responsibilities and ensuring delivery.
- Ensure that IT Services meet operational demands and quality.
- Ensure that users get the necessary support from the service desk.
- Act as the touchpoint for IT-related incidents
- Technical experience
- It is imperative that you have:
- +7 years of relevant working experience within an infrastructure, network or operation team.
- A technical understanding and can easily pick up new technologies.
- Experience with areas such as Cloud, Cisco, Networking and Telephony systems and data centers.
- An analytic and conceptual mindset.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- + 3 years of experience with line management