State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2760
Slået op: 26.08.2022
Senior HPC Engineer
Senior HPC Systems Engineer
Are you excited about providing our Research and Early Development (R&ED) units with the IT platforms they need to conduct highly advanced scientific computing and analytics?
Do you enjoy building, maintaining and enabling the newest IT technologies both in the cloud, on-premise and hybrid in an agile environment?
If yes, you might be the person Novo Nordisk is looking for!
About the department
R&EDIT Global Research Solutions supports the strategic digital transformation of their R&ED units at Novo Nordisk A/S which is needed to realise their strategy. They are responsible for developing, implementing, operating, maintaining and supporting the data-, middleware – and IT infrastructure used by the R&ED units across Novo Nordisk A/S on-premise and in the cloud.
They take pride in being experts in IT infrastructure and platforms, and at the same time having experience and understanding of how their researchers use the platforms, data and compute power they make available.
As their new Senior HPC (high performance computing) Systems Engineer you will be working in various scrum and DevOps teams on different projects and products. Working in scrum teams means you will lead the technical work, by understanding stakeholder and user needs, and support defining needed features. Furthermore, you will design and build platforms/solutions in collaboration with the team. You will be responsible for configuration and capacity management, and continuously evaluating what services are best used for the specific solutions.
You will be an ambassador for IT best practices and will therefore be responsible for following established development processes and NN IT standards, and improving them. As they aspire to DevOps principles and practices you will both lead and perform operations, maintenance, and support handling both issues and change requests.
You take leadership in setting direction, designing and implementing their future cloud and on-premise platforms based on sound and modern technologies.
Their scientific users are situated globally, and you will be working in an international environment with colleges around the globe.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Take the leading role for defining and designing systems, while also being responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and continued optimization.
- Making sure the operations and maintenance model, and the tools used, are efficient and well-designed.
- Securing of a structured and strong collaboration with scientists’ whose work and processes are supported by our HPC platforms, and a strong collaboration with Global IT internal security, architect and infrastructure units.
- Understanding the data scientists and researchers needs and converting this into technical solutions is important as well as the continued stability, availability and performance of the platforms.
As a minimum you have a bachelor’s degree with focus on IT systems engineering and/or Scientific Computing or similar, and you have a high passion for working in HPC environments.
This is a job for a person that is excited to be hands-on and work with new technologies and able to quickly learn new concepts. You are team oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. They expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment. Finally, you have professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
It is required of you to have:
- Hands-on experience with developing and deploying in the cloud.
- Hands-on experience in AWS or Azure (wide spectrum) and are knowledgeable in various cloud services.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with DevOps principles and configuration management such as automation, infrastructure/configuration as code, CI/CD amongst others.
- Experience in optimisation of HPC environments in close collaboration with data scientists and research analysts.
- Ability to assist data scientists with optimisation of their analytics code for optimal use of HPC environments.
They work with various tools and technologies, so it would be an advantage to have knowledge of the following:
- Experience with IaC through AWS CDK
- Experience with Puppet, Slurm (and other job queuing tools), on premise HPC cluster solutions, EFS storage, FSx storage, Lustre storage, Linux etc.
As a person you are:
- Highly structured and organized.
- Comfortable with being the driving force behind initiatives.
- Self-driven, proactive, and responsible.
- A team player, happy to share experience, workload, and information with your colleagues.
- Flexible and able to function under time pressure.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is the leading pharmaceutical company within diabetes, located in the Copenhagen area. At Novo Nordisk they use their skills, dedication, and ambition to help people with diabetes and change their lives. By working with them you will have the opportunity to do the same in a global business environment. Fixating on perfection, they never shy away from opportunities to develop, they seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – they’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
In this recruitment process, Novo Nordisk is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Xenia Reimers Rosiak at XRQZ@novonordisk.com
Please apply before September 26th 2022.
Novo Nordisk commits to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all their job applicants.
They recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. They need to aspire to be the best company for the world and they know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. They are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of their employees, the patients they serve and communities they operate in. Together, it’s life changing.